Dress – Plato’s Closet
Earrings – Grey Dog
Booties – Dolce Vita via Lola
Clutch + Sunnies – Thrifted
Category: Mental Health
Holiday Getaway Must-Haves
It’s Thanksgiving! This officially kicks the “holidays” into high gear. For many of us, this equates to travel. Does anyone have as much trouble packing as I do?
In all aspects of life, I tend to give great advice and not take it. For example, I could advise you on what to pack for a long weekend. I know the rules; stretch your staples, work your wrinkle-free, rely on one great boot & so on. But I am someone who likes to dress for dinner even if no one else is (photo op!!). So when we drive south for a 4 night holiday, I tend to fill up the Tahoe with accessories, pumps and a few extra party options.
Sometimes I have to refocus on the essentials. When it comes to must-haves, most of mine are in the beauty/gadget department. A girl is only as good as her tools, amiright?
1. this clip situation is the coolest contraption – I took it off a 90s dress and use it when I need a cinch at the waist, but a belt just won’t do
2. philosophy eye cream – because it’s never too early
3. book light – serves so many purposes (reading at night not withstanding) – I clip this baby to my lapel on the regular
4. static guard & sweater weather are synonymous
5. yummy NEST travel spray in Midnight Fleur via Pigmint
6. spin pin! If you have longish to long hair, it’s an absolute must – this lil pin holds all my hair up in an epic bun
7. MAC beauty balm – not too much / not too little (my buddy Kory Tyler turned me on to this)
8. ELF brow compact – this is a product I swear up & down by – $3 to epic brows everyday y’all
9. cold cream – I used to make fun of my poor mama when she used this but I’ve seen the err of my ways – the ONLY thing that will remove heavy eye makeup without removing lashes in the process
10. Clinique green concealer – green counteracts red so this stuff is a lifesaver for imperfections plus it has a bit of salicylic acid so (the hope is) your face will look better when you take it off!
11. Maybelline 14hour lipstick in wine and forever & handy dandy case (vintage) – this is my go-to dark lip for Fall
12. hot rollers – call me old fashioned but I love being able to roll my hair up, chill/eat/whatever for a while, unroll & voilà!
A few beloved things that go with me on weekends away…
Vintage Leather Moto Jacket – Grey Dog
Jewels, jewels, jewels in travel hanger
Extra Tall Vintage Hat Box (I can fit 6+ in there!)
Black, white & fall all over
It’s a beautiful time of year here in NW Arkansas. I will be the first to admit that I’m not a huge fan of cold weather. Layers stress me out. I’m already a bag lady – add coats, scarves, gloves, socks – it’s too much!
Dress – vintage
Leggings – beehive little rock
Booties – scarlet little rock
Beanie – carhartt
Sunnies – target
Leather bomber – vintage via grey dog
So, I hope you’ll forgive me for seriously slacking on my posts. I’ve recently quit my corporate, cubicle career and joined a brand new start-up company called btiques. It’s a shopping app that allows a shopper to purchase items from their favorite shops directly off their phone, starting in Fayetteville and adding stores all the time.
check it out. I think you’ll dig it.
for an easy download text btiques to 84700
oh & download the app by 6/22 & follow @greydogboutique to enter a great giveaway
RAID MY CLOSET
On May 4th (if you’re local) you will be able to shop my collection of clothes, shoes, hats, jewels and accessories. I am doing a SERIOUS edit.
The sale will be at Grey Dog 724 N. College, Fayetteville AR from 11-6. Of course, I will be there to share stories/style recommendations or possibly just chilling and drinking! We’ll see how this goes and I may do more. Hopefully online – so some of you interested but far away parties can get in on it! —> the facebook event
Click on the photo below to see the preview album or check out the possibilities from past outfits. I will be posting more items as the date draws near. xoMallory Berry5
The Window Shopper in Print!
AHHH I’m thrilled and honored and excited to share that I was featured in Citiscapes March 2013 Issue!
Click to view —>PRB in Citiscapes Magazine March 2013
Photography: Mallory Berry [web | fb | insta | email]
Hair: Taylor & Lindsey of Guillotine Hair Lounge [web | fb | insta | 479.582.8770]
MUA: Kory Tyler Simpson @ MAC [web | insta | email]
The Fashion Week Window Shop
So, friends…as the PR chair for NWA fashion week 2013, I’ve been asked to blog in support of the local participating boutiques. We are posting my introduction today. I’ve copied it below but go to the site to keep up!
Hi to all the sartorially preoccupied of NWA, my name is Payton (Rosenzweig) Bridewell and I am the window shopper.
Since Fashion Week 2013 is right around the corner, it’s time to join me for a peek in the proverbial windows of the participating boutiques/designers/shops. Once a week, I’ll be highlighting the shops with shows. I’ll be perusing their racks, choosing a few pieces to take home and styling them with what I already have in my closet – granted… I am something of a clotheshorse. I’ll show you some of the wonderful things you can find shopping in NWA and how to wear them.
I’ve rounded up a local team of skilled professionals to help me and we can’t wait to share what we’ve done. Find me on instagram @mspayton to stay tuned!
photo credit: Jade Howard
Absence to Fondness? / What I Wore: Sophisticated Christmas
(what I wore: hat – vintage via cheap thrills, earrings – grey dog (revamped by Stacey @ Dark Star Visuals), dress – sketches by christine jaguin via cheap thrills, b pin – vintage, heels – stuart weitzman via daisy exchange)
While I realize your life does not revolve around what I might have worn, I do apologize for leaving you hanging over the holidays. I was ill/traveling/hope you’ll forgive me. Posts probably will be a bit more sporadic as I’m working on some exciting stuff that I will share soon and some not so exciting stuff that I won’t bore you with. Happy 2013 & thank you for visiting.
What I Wore: The Puffy Shirt
what I wore: blouse – vintage renditions, skinny jeans – gap thrifted, boots – steve madden, 2nd boots – asos, earrings – forever21
So if you watch Seinfeld, you will definitely remember the episode that Jerry is coerced into wearing the puffy shirt on The Today Show. I’m a Seinfeld fan (like most of us) and this shirt totally reminded me of that one. But slightly chicer.
Happy (Fall) Weekend
Happy Autumn weekend everyone! Enjoy. Also, Enjoy this super-fun guest post by my friend Anna (of Tulip Louise) on A piece of toast.