The Red Dress Redress
Dress – thrifted
Booties – go jane
Sunnies – vintage
Bag – vintage
Necklace – DIY
Celebrate Gift Guide
I have a very lovely friend who works for Celebrate Magazine. For the December issue, she asked my hubby and I to help her out with a pretty cool gift guide. As I said, I turned into a pageant mom when Ro modeled for The Independent. I thought it was pretty hilarious that we are both featured in the mag but not together. Photos by Jade Howard
Giving Thanks & Dressing for Dinner
Tapestry Dress, Clutch, Bow tie – Thrifted Vintage
Hat – The Striped Pig
Coat/Boots – Forever21
Transitions – Grey Dog Deadstock
Watch – c/o Timex
(below) Mr. Wigs’ Bow Tie – Maude Boutique
Holiday Getaway Must-Haves
It’s Thanksgiving! This officially kicks the “holidays” into high gear. For many of us, this equates to travel. Does anyone have as much trouble packing as I do?
In all aspects of life, I tend to give great advice and not take it. For example, I could advise you on what to pack for a long weekend. I know the rules; stretch your staples, work your wrinkle-free, rely on one great boot & so on. But I am someone who likes to dress for dinner even if no one else is (photo op!!). So when we drive south for a 4 night holiday, I tend to fill up the Tahoe with accessories, pumps and a few extra party options.
Sometimes I have to refocus on the essentials. When it comes to must-haves, most of mine are in the beauty/gadget department. A girl is only as good as her tools, amiright?
1. this clip situation is the coolest contraption – I took it off a 90s dress and use it when I need a cinch at the waist, but a belt just won’t do
2. philosophy eye cream – because it’s never too early
3. book light – serves so many purposes (reading at night not withstanding) – I clip this baby to my lapel on the regular
4. static guard & sweater weather are synonymous
5. yummy NEST travel spray in Midnight Fleur via Pigmint
6. spin pin! If you have longish to long hair, it’s an absolute must – this lil pin holds all my hair up in an epic bun
7. MAC beauty balm – not too much / not too little (my buddy Kory Tyler turned me on to this)
8. ELF brow compact – this is a product I swear up & down by – $3 to epic brows everyday y’all
9. cold cream – I used to make fun of my poor mama when she used this but I’ve seen the err of my ways – the ONLY thing that will remove heavy eye makeup without removing lashes in the process
10. Clinique green concealer – green counteracts red so this stuff is a lifesaver for imperfections plus it has a bit of salicylic acid so (the hope is) your face will look better when you take it off!
11. Maybelline 14hour lipstick in wine and forever & handy dandy case (vintage) – this is my go-to dark lip for Fall
12. hot rollers – call me old fashioned but I love being able to roll my hair up, chill/eat/whatever for a while, unroll & voilà!
A few beloved things that go with me on weekends away…
Vintage Leather Moto Jacket – Grey Dog
Jewels, jewels, jewels in travel hanger
Extra Tall Vintage Hat Box (I can fit 6+ in there!)
Absence to Fondness? / What I Wore: Sophisticated Christmas
(what I wore: hat – vintage via cheap thrills, earrings – grey dog (revamped by Stacey @ Dark Star Visuals), dress – sketches by christine jaguin via cheap thrills, b pin – vintage, heels – stuart weitzman via daisy exchange)
While I realize your life does not revolve around what I might have worn, I do apologize for leaving you hanging over the holidays. I was ill/traveling/hope you’ll forgive me. Posts probably will be a bit more sporadic as I’m working on some exciting stuff that I will share soon and some not so exciting stuff that I won’t bore you with. Happy 2013 & thank you for visiting.
What I Wore: (Not So) Ugly Sweater
what I wore: skinnies – blank nyc, heels – banana republic, sweater – vintage, bowtie – forever21, glasses – shop ultra
Lovely Long Weekend
We celebrated our (1st) anniversary on Monday and to commemorate that, we are taking a four day holiday to relax & enjoy. I hope you have a lovely long weekend.