Dress – thrifted
Booties – go jane
Sunnies – vintage
Bag – vintage
Necklace – DIY
I have a very lovely friend who works for Celebrate Magazine. For the December issue, she asked my hubby and I to help her out with a pretty cool gift guide. As I said, I turned into a pageant mom when Ro modeled for The Independent. I thought it was pretty hilarious that we are both featured in the mag but not together. Photos by Jade Howard
It’s Thanksgiving! This officially kicks the “holidays” into high gear. For many of us, this equates to travel. Does anyone have as much trouble packing as I do?
In all aspects of life, I tend to give great advice and not take it. For example, I could advise you on what to pack for a long weekend. I know the rules; stretch your staples, work your wrinkle-free, rely on one great boot & so on. But I am someone who likes to dress for dinner even if no one else is (photo op!!). So when we drive south for a 4 night holiday, I tend to fill up the Tahoe with accessories, pumps and a few extra party options.
Sometimes I have to refocus on the essentials. When it comes to must-haves, most of mine are in the beauty/gadget department. A girl is only as good as her tools, amiright?
1. this clip situation is the coolest contraption – I took it off a 90s dress and use it when I need a cinch at the waist, but a belt just won’t do
2. philosophy eye cream – because it’s never too early
3. book light – serves so many purposes (reading at night not withstanding) – I clip this baby to my lapel on the regular
4. static guard & sweater weather are synonymous
5. yummy NEST travel spray in Midnight Fleur via Pigmint
6. spin pin! If you have longish to long hair, it’s an absolute must – this lil pin holds all my hair up in an epic bun
7. MAC beauty balm – not too much / not too little (my buddy Kory Tyler turned me on to this)
8. ELF brow compact – this is a product I swear up & down by – $3 to epic brows everyday y’all
9. cold cream – I used to make fun of my poor mama when she used this but I’ve seen the err of my ways – the ONLY thing that will remove heavy eye makeup without removing lashes in the process
10. Clinique green concealer – green counteracts red so this stuff is a lifesaver for imperfections plus it has a bit of salicylic acid so (the hope is) your face will look better when you take it off!
11. Maybelline 14hour lipstick in wine and forever & handy dandy case (vintage) – this is my go-to dark lip for Fall
12. hot rollers – call me old fashioned but I love being able to roll my hair up, chill/eat/whatever for a while, unroll & voilà!
A few beloved things that go with me on weekends away…
Vintage Leather Moto Jacket – Grey Dog
Jewels, jewels, jewels in travel hanger
Extra Tall Vintage Hat Box (I can fit 6+ in there!)